Phillip Cannella Blog: Phil Cannella Discusses Annuities

Phil Cannella – Phillip Cannella Blog: Phil Cannella makes is views on the subject of annuities very well known. Frankly, almost every financial advisor has an opinion about annuities, some say they are the worst products around, others seem to worship them. Phil Cannella also has an opinion, but his is steeped in real knowledge and familiarity with seniors and what products and services within the financial arena is right for them.

Phil Cannella speaks candidly on this subject: “There’s a heap of bad press surrounding annuities.  They’re too expensive, too limiting, too this, too that.  After decades of research, I’ve discovered that only 5% of annuities are of any financial benefit to consumers while the remaining 95% work to the advantage of the agents selling them.  It’s easy to see why some older Americans broach annuities with skepticism. Why is that?  Why haven’t annuities gotten a fair shake when considering the fact that not all investment instruments are created equal?”

Fortunately for us, Phil Cannella has done much of this research for us and an integral part of his research has been isolating which annuities are worth considering and which ones should be tossed aside.